Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I find that I really can't do anything without using technology. I get bored of doing normal, everyday tasks, such as; eating breakfast, lunch or dinner, driving in the car, doing my homework, or while I'm in the shower. I feel that I need T.V., music, Instagram, and the internet to do these things. In fact, I'm watching Law and Order as I'm writing this blog, and I just gathered the courage to press the power button on the remote. I know that it is bad that I multitask on everything I do, especially while I do my homework. I find that it takes me twice as long to do my math homework than if I were do be fully focused, because I have to process everything twice. Eating doesn't take this sort of devotion, but I've become so accustomed to watching T.V. that without it, dinner with the family is just... awkward. I don't even know how to keep up a conversation while sitting at the table, and neither does my family. When I look back at my usage, I think I'm bad, but the sad part is, I'm not nearly as bad as the people around me. For instance, my brother, who can barely eat or sleep (not exaggerating) because he's become so attached to his game, mine craft. I think its safe to say we're all addicted to technology.

Hi, I'm Mariana Sampino. I'm a tvaholic and I've been off of T.V. for 10 minutes. Out of all technology, I am definitely most consumed by T.V. I love shows, series, and movies. I watch T.V. basically whenever I'm home, for maybe 5+ hours a day when sports seasons are over. It wasn't until this class that I started to realize how much it affects you. There are commercials that create stereotypes about life styles that make us see the world differently. We see it as less than what we deserve; our houses too small, a dated wardrobe, an overweight body, an old car, imperfect family. The media has crated an ideal life that includes all of these products and materials that only a minority can be fortunate to acquire it. It is all up to money. The media appeals to everybody, including those who can't afford to use their money for materialistic items. Overall, the media makes us unsatisfied and leaves us wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment